Yes, I am open to serve patients in person and virtually!
For newly postpartum moms, please know that you may bring your baby to your appointment, should you choose.
I chose to stay open throughout the pandemic in order to provide services to help women meet their birth goals (many of whom chose to give birth in Our Birthing Center) and to provide triage services for acute injuries in an effort to keep patients out of overburdened hospitals. (Chiropractors can perform orthopedic exams and order imaging such as x-rays, MRIs, and CTs.)
As of 7/28/2020, there have been no instances of myself or my active patients being diagnosed with or having symptoms of COVID-19.
The following hygiene measures are continuing to be practiced during the pandemic, as they were beforehand:
1. Washing the chiropractic table between sessions. I use diluted dish soap to remove oil and make-up stains. The saponins in soap also help to mechanically break down pathogens. I then use 70% isopropyl alcohol which is identified as effective against SARS-Cov2 virus according to the CDC. I am committed to using products which are both effective and non-toxic and urge my patients to do the same.
2. Washing my hands in between patients with soap and water.
The following additional measures are being implemented:
1. I am wearing a face mask during office visits.
2. Opening the window when possible to improve ventilation.
3. Wiping down door knobs and high touch areas regularly with isopropyl alcohol.
4. Diffusing anti-microbial, organic essential oils.
5. Offering virtual appointments to those uncomfortable with in-person sessions. During virtual appointments, I am able to do a movement screen and recommend mobility and stability exercises in addition to ways to manage discomfort at home.
6. Offering free 20 minute functional medicine consults to discuss anti-viral nutrition strategies and other health concerns.
I ask for your help and consideration in the following ways:
1. Please wash your hands upon entering the wellness center. (If wearing gloves, please remove them, wash hands, and leave them off during treatment or replace themwith a new, sterile pair.)
2. Please call the office if you are experiencing any cough, fever shortness of breath, loss of taste/smell, diarrhea, or have been recently exposed to someone diagnosed with symptomatic COVID-19 to discuss the proper course of action and rescheduling your appointment.
3. Be considerate of social distancing in the waiting room. Generally, there is no one waiting in the wellness center. If there is, please follow social distancing guidelines. If the yoga room is open, you are welcome to wait there as well.
4. Consider having your Vitamin D3 levels checked and supplementing as needed. Taking a high quality, multi-vitamin and mineral can help provide adequate selenium and zinc.